Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Dance Card Is Full. Or Not.

Right now I have several Men in my life. Let us review, shall we?

1. Piano Guy. Piano Guy has made it to two dates and has had some hanky panky. And been very sweet both before and after, and made sure that I was okay, and specifically said that he didn't want me to freak out, because sometimes us wimmens, we do that freaking out thing, and he said that he really wanted to see me again. In subsequent days, he made up reasons why he couldn't talk to me on the phone, but said he would call back later. After a couple of days of this, I sent him an email consisting of one word: "Seriously?" Since then, he's called me a couple of times, but hurried off the phone saying he would call me back later. I'm thinking this is a no-hoper. I'm only a little bit irritated because he has my Dar Williams Mortal City CD. Maybe on one of those awkward conversations, I can give him my address to mail it to me?

2. Fabio. Man, I wish it were kosher to put someone else's picture on my blog, because he is very much nice looking. We've had several extended email conversations as well as yahoo chats, but since I've had the kids since the very next day, subsequent dates must wait. He seems to be worth the time spent--anyone who makes me think, who tries to go deeper than the surface has my vote. Plus, he's Quite the Looker. I have told him this. He doesn't believe me.

There are also some others that I should mention.

1. Hand me down guy. I have a policy not to date my sister's discards. And trust me, it's always her that does the discarding, even if she didn't think so at the time. But this fellow is one that she didn't exactly date, and when he heard that I was single, he was interested. Very. Very. Briefly. In fact, just long enough for me to have a discussion with my sister about Would This Be Weird, and if so, would it be worth it. Once I had that discussion, he lost interest. Which is fine, since it does fit with my policy. I only mention him here because I'd already settled on a nickname for him, and it seems a pity to waste it.

2. Good for me guy. This is someone who has been a major support for me over the last year, but there are several buts. One of which is that he reads this blog (hi there!), so I do not want to dissect that relationship here. Or there. Or anywhere, really. Let's just say that on my trip from there to here, he's put up with more than a little of the wimmen type freak out, and is still my friend.

So, really, as far as "dating" goes. . .I had 7 contacts from the dating web site, but only two of them had more than a little mutual interest. (Not counting little Israeli guy, who has gone back home to Israel, but who probably thinks I am insane.) Piano guy is in the process of falling by the wayside, and Fabio has yet to have a second date. Or really a first, since we started with the coffee.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am so lame, I can't even post a decent comment. Looky at all the boys you have on your list. I find it impressive, lol- even if some are on their way out. Hey, you have to warm up your moves with someone. I am proud of you for jumping in with both feet Bry!! Keep us posted...

Lifebeginsat30ty said...

hmm...my analysis is you don't seem too interested in piano guy anyway. Or if you are just leave him alone for a while and see what he does. I've had some enlightening conversations with the men in my office about how if it is too easy to talk to/see/etc a woman, then they don't want them. They like the chase.

You sound more interested in Fabio anyway. Isn't dating fun?! We should chat sometime ;)