Sunday, June 21, 2009

Let's talk about dating, shall we?

Because in the land of the dating for entertainment rather than for love, things change. You miss a moment, you miss a lot. When last we talked, I was giving up on Piano Guy, enjoying the view with Fabio, poking fun at Hand Me Down Guy long distance, and being somewhat humored in all of this by Good for Me Guy.

Wow, maybe you didn't miss all that much?

I did go out with Piano Guy again, but he still has the Dar CD. I haven't heard from him in a week, so I emailed him and said "I don't mean to be the internet stalker chick you can't shake, but I'd really like my CD back. Let me know what works for you." In just about those very words. In fact, now that I check my sent mail, in those exact very words. He did take me to see the Star Trek movie, which was good. But you would think that after 3 dates, we'd be having an intense conversation about the paradoxes of time travel or something after that movie.

Fabio. This guy is around for a reason. We sit down to talk and hours rush by. Plus, he's a good kisser. We went out again last Sunday night, hung out at Piedmont Park (I had forgotten how cool Piedmont Park really is, and I brought the kids back there tonight.) And the conversations that the Star Trek movie provoked, I had with him. I'm actually a bit startled that someone who looks the way he does has quite the smarts and sensibilities he does. Yes, I'm judgey that way. So we had a 5 hour date for the coffee, and then a 5 hour date last weekend. And this Sunday he is cooking me dinner at his very own house. Sweet magic pumpkins, I am crushing very hard on this guy. He's very intense. Like a fire in the circus.

Otherwise, nothing has changed. Although I did wonder at NoNick taking the kids for 3.5 hours today and calling it his Father's Day celebration. (eyeroll)

1 comment:

Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Fabio looks + intelligent + good kisser + can cook = You are one lucky girl!